Black berries, blueberries, dots of marzipan, almonds, choc chips, a splash of amaretto and, of course some custard? How could the Black and Blueberry Crumble not be the dish of the week?
Close second was Karen Martini’s Sausage, Ham & Egg Pizza.
Fail of the week? The Broccoli con Anchovy from The River Cafe Cookbook. I’m not sure what it is with me and this book. Last week the rotolo was a fail. This week, I didn’t even get to cook anything.
Here’s the thing. I put broccoli on my shopping list. I ticked it off my list meaning it had gone from shelf to basket. I should have had broccoli in my fridge. BUT I tootled off to twilight yoga on Sunday afternoon planning to have a healthy broccoli con anchovy supper on my return. Got home, had my aromatherapy bath, got into my jamies. And no broccoli. Not in the fridge, not misplaced in the cupboard. Not in the car. Just a black hole of broccoli.
And yes, I could have gone and bought some but I was already in my pyjamas and Doctor Who was about to start.
This week I am looking forward to cooking:
Tasty Reads is coming up, I am going to make the Chicken, Cheese and Corn meatballs and the Raw Tuna Meatballs from the meatball cookbook. I found the Turkey Cran meatballs I made a little too sweet for my taste. I will try these again but instead of the dried sweetened cranberries required by the recipe I will use fresh (frozen) cranberries. They will bring a much needed touch of tartness. Also place the balls in the freezer for maybe 15 minutes so the cheese doesn’t ooze out everywhere.
In Other News I Am
- I know I spoke about this last week but OMG Episode 3 of Limetown sent shivers up my backbone. The last ten minutes? Possibly the scariest thing I have ever listened to.
- In the same creepy vein, Mark had never heard of Jonestown until this week. Reminded me of this other creepy, but this time true, pod
I finished A Rush Of Blood on audio, It was ok. I think the author drew a long bow for the reasons for the murders.
Am about to start Life After Life.
We saw William Shatner’s Stage Show the other night. Briilliant. We have started marathon watching Boston Legal on the back of it. It’s still immensely watchable!
Also A Beautiful Lie on ABC. This is a modern day version of Anna Karenina which so far has been superb. Except for one teeny thing…the Vronsky character is not at all good looking. In fact, Mr Karenina is waaay more handsome. Despite this, absolutely loving it.
Green Sauce - From Meatballs The Ultimate Guide by Matteo Bruno
- 50g (a large bunch) flat leaf (Italian) parsley, leaves picked
- 50g (a large bunch) basil, leaves picked
- 1 clove of garlic
- 35g blanched almonds
- 10g anchovies
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Blitz the herbs, garlic, almonds, anchovies, lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor for around a minute or until a smooth sauce has formed.
- Add the parmesan and blitz for another minute.
What’s going on in your life / kitchen? What was the best thing you made this week?
What are you looking forward to making next week?
What are you reading, watching, listening to?
Have a fabulous week everyone!