Happy hump day people of the internet!
This goose is loose!
For the next five days, I am a lady of leisure! And what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail (or two)! And this Goose in Spring Cocktail fits the bill perfectly!
After three years, I am leaving the amazing team at Protiviti in Melbourne for pastures new. It was so hard to say goodbye; I have made so many friends there and worked for three amazing bosses. But new challenges beckoned and I am moving on.
But not until Monday.
So, in the meantime, while I am unofficially unemployed, I am as free as this little bird.
If being free means:
- Cleaning out my pantry
- Clearing out my wardrobe
- Clearing out my bookshelves
- Putting my car in for a service
- A visit to the dentist
- A visit to the hairdresser
- Catching up with a girlfriend for lunch
- A visit to the beauty salon for a mani & pedi
- Getting the broken strap on my favourite handbag fixed
- Trying to cook as many recipes from Persiana as possible
- Vintage Shopping with my mum
- Writing at least three blog posts to schedule for when I am on holiday next month
- Writing that novel I’ve been thinking about for years
- Scaling Everest
Yep, totally absolutely free!
The Goose in Spring cocktail was the winner of the May 2012 Vodka Cocktail Contest, where it was created by Elijah Venanzi.
- 4 raspberries
- 45ml lavender-infused Grey Goose Vodka
- 30ml ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- Lime peel for garnish
- Add two sprigs of lavender to Vodka and allow it to infuse for 6 days, then double strain to remove all of the herb.
- Muddle the raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the lavender vodka, the St Germain and the Lime Juice
- Shake well over ice.
Have a lovely week! I’ll be thinking of you while I’m doing all that nothing!