With my love of puns, there was no way I could resist this. The Sex on the Breach is my Tanis inspired version of a variation of the classic Sex on The Beach.
And now for the PSA. If you are in the PNW and you are contemplating having sex in the breach?
Stop. It. Now.
At best The Breach contains mutant cuttlefish, psycho squirrels, TARDIS like cabins, strange creatures lurking in the shadows, Eld Fen, and has sent more than person totally loopy….Lord only knows what kind of hellish offspring would result from any sort of hanky panky within those grey pancake walls.
I found this version of a Sex on the Beach on Drinks Mixer and was really interested to see how the mix of Chambord, Midori and Pineapple juice would turn out. In my head I wanted it to have a more murky tinge. In reality, the lovely deep red was a lot more pleasant to the eye than the colour I had in mind! Also, the original called for Cranberry juice. I had Pomegranate juice in the house so I made it with that. Feel free to sub in cranberry juice in your version if that’s how you roll. It is totally delicious too!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 part vodka
- 1/2 part Midori® melon liqueur
- 1/2 part Chambord® raspberry liqueur
- 2 parts pineapple juice
- 4 parts pomegranate juice
- Combine all ingredients with ice.
- Stir gently, strain and serve.
- You can substitute cranberry juice for the pomegranate juice
There are so many questions that the finale may answer.
- Will Nic find Tanis?
- And if he does….then what?
Who the fuck is Mike?Solved. See below.
- Will Nic find Sam Reynolds and Morgan Miller?
- Can Nic trust CameronEllis? Will anyone ever be able to separate CameronEllis’ first and second names?
- Should Nic trust Nathaniel Carter and Veronica Pillman?
- Will they ever stop calling Karla or is it Patrcia Corrie, Marcus Corrie’s widow? The dude is still alive. Batshit crazy but alive and incarcerated at Tesla Nova.
- Did Nic and MK do it in S2E10? (Yes, they totally did).
And the most burning question of all.
@TanisPodcast WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO MY IMAGINARY INTERNET BOYFRIEND GEOFF VAN SANT?
He better be boozing in a bar somewhere and not have been lured into the breach by someone/ something only to end up eating his own arm or gouging out his eyes with a spooky Tanis rock like….Oh! That’s who Mike is.
OMG, I can’t wait for the S2 finale….so excited! And whilst it is sometimes incredibly frustrating to have to wait for the next instalment, I actually kind of love that in a world where everything is on-demand this is something you have to wait for!
I have had a fabulous time doing this series on Tanis and I hope that you have also enjoyed both it and the cocktails!
I don’t think I have said this before but to the makers,writers, actors of Tanis, THANK YOU for making one of the best podcasts, actually the two best most original, creative, well produced podcasts around. I could not love your work more and I hope you view this tribute as my way of saying thank you for the amazing work you do! And thanks for the retweets!
Hmmmm…what next I wonder? Maybe a Black Tapes series? Who knows?
And keep looking.